It can be daunting to put your laundry in the dryer, especially when you consider that it is possible for your favorite shirt or shorts to shrink or be damaged by the heat. The newer, more advanced clothes dryers offer some amazing tricks that will make cleaning much easier.
Structur of content
- 1 High-Tech Dryers – What Can They Do?
- 1.1 1. You can handle wet sneakers without disturbing neighbors, and delicates without making them shrink.
- 1.2 2. Zap Germs – and Clothing Moths
- 1.3 3. Get a new look for tonight’s outfit, no detergent required
- 1.4 4. Save Energy
- 1.5 5. You can sense when it’s time to heat up and cool off
- 1.6 6. Stop Ironing, As You Know It
- 1.7 7. The Duct is about to catch fire!
High-Tech Dryers – What Can They Do?
1. You can handle wet sneakers without disturbing neighbors, and delicates without making them shrink.
You should look for a drum rack with an interior slide so that you can block a sweater or stabilize bulky items.
2. Zap Germs – and Clothing Moths
Take a look at the available options. They should include a sanitize that kills 99.9% of the bacteria. Moth larvae will soon be toast with that heat.
3. Get a new look for tonight’s outfit, no detergent required
You can bypass the washer by going straight to the dryer’s steam option. This will reduce odors and wrinkles and help you get out the door in no time.
4. Save Energy
With a promise of cutting annual energy costs by around $20, the first Energy Star-certified dryers are now available. One kilowatt at time, saving the planet.
5. You can sense when it’s time to heat up and cool off
The moisture sensors are more reliable than thermostats. They eliminate the guesswork of drying time and don’t make fabric the same as beef jerky. Some dryers can be set up to stop when clothes become mildly damp. You can tell when it is time to hang up your clothes or iron them by a thoughtful trill.
6. Stop Ironing, As You Know It
The perm-press setting slows down tumbling to reduce wrinkles. Steam injectors are available on some machines to help reduce wrinkles. Extended-tumble settings allow clothes not to dry out and prevent them from hardening.
7. The Duct is about to catch fire!
Some dryers can sense when the filter or the duct are clogged with lint and will display a message on their touch screen. Some dryers will even send you an SMS.