Your garage door could be the first thing people see when they pull into the driveway, depending on the design of your home. It may be time to replace your garage door if it has seen better days. Remodeling magazine’s 2017 Cost vs Value Report estimates that a garage door replacement can help you recover 76.9% of your project costs when selling your home.
Here are some new materials and technologies for garage doors.
Before you buy a garage door, make sure to take note of these 10 points.
1. Since you last purchased a garage door, the styles of garage doors have evolved significantly. There is a garage door to match any home style. Some garage doors are sleek and others have intricate details and carriage-house doors. All types of garage doors can be equipped with windows, including frosted, clear rectangular, arched, or rectangular windows. There are many options.
These tips will give your garage door a tune up.
2. According to U.S. News and World Report, garage doors today require minimal maintenance because they are made with durable materials that can withstand the elements and last for many years. Garage doors are available in a variety of materials, including aluminum, fiberglass composites and wood.
3. You can spend many thousand dollars on a garage door replacement. Remodeling magazine reports that the national average cost for a garage door replacement is $3,300. However, you can spend as low as $400 to have a door installed by you.
This is how to install a garage doors.
4. Many of the doors available today are energy-efficient and can be attached to your house or used as a workshop. According to Garaga, one the most respected garage door manufacturers, polyurethane foam insulation is the best insulation on the market. PVC exterior weather stripping is another important consideration. Garage door manufacturers say that weather stripping is a measure of its quality. Its flexibility can also be used below freezing temperatures.
5. Garage doors today use the same technology that you use to control your thermostat or your house lights. Garage doors can now be fitted with Custom Door and Gate Notes technology. This allows you to set a schedule for opening and closing the door each day. You can also use apps to monitor your garage from your smartphone, and even connect it to your Nest thermostat.